when it’s raining all weekend?
We have had just the worst weather here in PNW. I don’t remember the last time we saw the sun for more than 5 minutes. Everyone is going stir crazy.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Dylan spent the morning with the Cub Scouts at the Veteran's Cemetery handing out programs. He enjoyed meeting some of the older Vets and loved the 21 guns salute.
No garage sale hopping for Dylan and I, but some great treasures were found at Goodwill. The frame and shelves are going into the “to be painted” pile….which is steadily growing because of this darn weather. The rolling cooler was such a find! I’ve been wanting one for so long and found that one for $7.50! It’s in perfect shape….and just in time for summer! And Dylan could have stayed in the book section all day…..he found 2 Beverly Cleary books (remember Beezus and Ramona?) and I can’t wait to revisit my childhood when we read them!
Since we have a very busy summer planned, we took this opportunity to get some projects done. We FINALLY painted the upstairs hallway and the stairs leading up. It was tough because the ceiling going up is cathedral. But I love the new color….so much brighter.
And, as usual, one project leads into another……now I want to update all my pictures in the frames on the walls.
And….remember my post on the slipcover fiasco? Well, ended up getting that couch from Craigslist. It was such a great deal…..and still had the tags on it! This young couple had just bought their first house in our town and it was way too big for their space. I felt badly for them. But it works perfectly for us! And of course, now I want to paint and do something different with the maps. Any suggestions?
We have a very busy next couple of weeks with lots of activities for the end of school…..how did THAT happen!? And this upcoming weekend we are going with a bunch of families from our neighborhood to Orcas Island. It is going to be a blast……let’s just pray the weather takes a drastic turn for the better!
The couch is amazing....WOW!!!
ReplyDeleteLoved your camping post Lara, looks like Dylan had the best time ever!! LOL at your hunting comment....and bless you for never complaining in front of him!!!
I tagged you on my blog today :) xo
good for you on your couch find!!! Awesome!!! xoxxox
ReplyDelete