I had every good intention of trying to sew a slipcover for my old beloved couch.
She sits in the playroom and gets mutilated loved by Dylan and his friends. We allow them to have pillow fights and jump all over her as it’s an old sofa and it is the playroom. Well…..We didn’t want to replace her because we knew that would happen over the next couple of years and her bones are still good. Unfortunately, her cushions hadn’t held up as well as we thought they would…..the fabric is just thin and old.
Enter my grand idea of putting my less than stellar sewing skills to this huge test. You can see where I made an initial muslin cover for one of the cushions that had already ripped and feathers were everywhere! And the other top cushion is already ripped also…..the couch is about 13 years old.
I found some great, darker denim at Joanne’s for $3.00 a yard! (Never mind the fact that I had to travel down to Tacoma – 45 min. away - to get 1/2 of what I needed.)
I stalked this amazing Blog, and DROOLED over her slipcovers. What I wouldn’t give to have our camper’s cushions look like these. Sigh.
But alas……my first attempt……and my cushion turned out like this……don’t laugh now……..
Okay, I can hear you laughing from here.
What in the WORLD happened to my corners?!?! Pam…..I need you!
So, I put them aside for a week and debated whether or not to try again.
Dear ole’ Hubby…..keeper of our tight budget……praised me for trying to save us money, and told me to see how much a new one would cost us. We are going to check out a brand new one tonight on Craigslist. It’s not my style, but frustrated sewers can’t be picky!
I thought you might like to see what it looked like on the other sides of the playroom. Piles of legos and forts.
Anyone need any denim fabric?
No comments:
Post a Comment