what seems like a lifetime ago I lived in Manhattan....doing the young professional thing after college. I loved it and hated it all at the same time.
one of the best things about NYC was the the incredible choices of restaurants and delicious food.....anything you could want at any hour of the day. I can still taste the amazing steamed dumplings from the Chinese place on the corner.
I haven't been able to find them since.
one of the places I went to a few times was a little gem called Sarabeth's. it was a little slice of country in the city...filled with yummy muffins and jams.
after I moved away......to the smaller big city of Boston.....my old NYC roomate Kim told me I could find Sarabeth's jams at the food section of Marshalls / TJ Maxx. I was a little hesitant to purchase food items there....wondering how old they were. but then I figured.....didn't our grandmother's keep canned jams on their shelves for ages?
so, throwing caution to the wind, whenever I see it (which isn't often), I pick up a jar whenever I swing through Marshalls or TJ Maxx
and I'm savoring every bit with my toast in the mornings
( although after exploring the website for this post I realized you can order the jam.....I should have known! it is much cheaper when you find it at one of the stores though! )
How funny, Luc and I went to Sarabeth's for breakfast on one of our first trips to NYC....I think we must have seen it recommended in a guidebook, I'm pretty sure we went to one on the Upper West Side....it was lovely! And we bought jam to bring home with us too!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the memory :)
PS LOVE the little things....bigs things quote at the top of your blog....so true.
xoxo
I love Sarabeth's jams, too, Lara! I didn't know it was a restaurant also! very fun. I always admire your photography my friend. We have a new camera. Wish you were here to coach us! We bought a Nikon D90.
ReplyDeleteLoves to you!